Saturday 17 April 2010

Another awesome London day

On Thursday John and I tagged along with Coach Scott and his family to head into London to pick up Selah's US passport from the American Embassy. It was an early 6AM wake up call as their appointment was around 9:30AM. It was another gorgeous day to be walking around the streets of the "big city" for hours, we definitely lucked out again. Once we got off the tube where we needed to be, John and I went on our own path as Scott and Rebecca didn't need us for the passport deal. Of course the path started off at MacDonald's hahah for their double sausage with cheese mcmuffin meal!! That was only maybe my third or fourth time getting fast food since being out here, I've definitely come accustomed to cooking at home :)
After our breakfast we headed off to walk through a couple parks and enjoy the scenery (both Hyde and Regent's park). This led us on our way to Buckingham Palace to catch a quick cup of tea with the queeny ;) (no big deal really). The Palace was pretty amazing and also tourist central!

We eventually ran into a pretty famous bakery called The Hummingbird Bakery and John told me that they are very well known for their cupcakes. SOOOO of course we had to pop in and give one a fair try :)

I can't believe how much of a sweet tooth I have but ever since I've been out here I am always feening for my next treat haha! I don't know if it's because the chocolate is that much better out here or what, but I need to seriously take a step back on the sweets when once I get back home!
Everything went well with Selah's passport, it just took some time, kind-of like being at the DMV! We eventually met back up with the rest of the crew and made our way home. It was a long day of walking and taking in the sights, London is a great city with a lot of attitude, personality, character and spirit. I would reccommend that everyone try to make it out here if ever possible, you would all appreciate it's culture and beauty.

Until tomorrow... "make it happen"

No comments:

Post a Comment