Thursday 22 July 2010

Week 2 of games...

So coming into week 2 I definitely wasn't 100% from the food poisoning and de-hydration, but I knew that I still had to play (#1 cuz my team needed me and #2 cuz that's what you do when you're an import player. You don't miss games! haha but no joke really!) So game one I actually suprised myself and came out and played 37minutes. We lost by 12pts to KL Dragons but gave them a good game. I played well and had 17pts and 5 rebs. Saturday night we played against the host team Kinasabah. I could feel that I had lost a lot of my energy from the night before but still fought hard. We won by 3! I had 9pts and 10rebs. Sunday night was a tough one, partially because one of their imports is 6'10" and probably 260lbs! After the first two games the nights before my energy level was really low and I knew this was gonna be a struggle as he's a REAL physical player. We ended up losing by 12pts or so and it was definitely my worst performance yet. I got absolutely manhandled defensively and couldn't hold my ground against him at all. Without much energy and strength it was really tough to compete to full potential against such a big physical guy. I am really looking forward to this weekends game so that I can redeem myself and play better for our club! It feels great to be back to 100%! thank you Lord!


We are currently in Kuala Lumpor. The main city of Malaysia. It's really nice here so far and there are a lot of things to do for entertainment. It's like any big city really, shopping, food, movies and nightlife. Hopefully we will have some down time to get to look around and explore a little bit. My other import teammate Chris played for the Kuala Lumpor team here during their ABL (Asian Basketball League) season so he is really familiar with the area and things to do, which is nice. As of right now we're practicing 2 times a day and preparing for this weekends games, so not too much down time. We are leaving on Saturday for Ipoh which is the location for this weekends games. It's a 1 1/2 hour drive North of Kuala Lumpor. It should be an interesting weekend and I think we've prepared well enough to take a couple wins this weekend. We are currently in 3rd place at 3 wins and 3 losses. There are two teams tied for first at 4 wins and 2 losses. So we are only 1 win out of at least second place. Not bad for having a young and inexperienced team! This will be our last full weekend of games as next weekend is the playoffs, so its time to buckle down.


The Darwin league started last Tuesday and I guess our team lost, but both myself and Bobby (the other import US player) didn't get to play, so that was probably a big reason for the loss. I'm excited to get back to AU and start playing with my team there and finally get settled in! But until then I'm going to continue to enjoy my time here in Malaysia and focus on winning this tournament!

Until tomorrow...
"make it happen"

No comments:

Post a Comment